Center of Research on International Business & Strategy
The globADVANTAGE – Center of Research on International Business and Strategy in the Instituto Poltécnico de Leiria (globADAVANTAGE – I.P.Leiria) was created in 2007 as a research center for the study of international business and corporate strategy. In this capacity, the mission of the globADVANTAGE is to conduct and leverage scientific research, collaborate in providing superior education, support students and assist businesses and policy makers on issues of importance to international trade, international investment, international strategy and global competitiveness. To realize this mission, globADVANTAGE focuses its efforts on five areas that are vital to all aspects of the organizations’ strategies and global value chains:
• The development of leading edge Knowledge by conducting research.
• The creation and diffusion of knowledge through collaboration with national and international research centers in international business and strategy and national and international researchers, collaboration in educational programs of advanced studies, offering professional development programs, publishing the studies realized in-house and other studies of relevance for regional, national and international importance for firms.
• The development of knowledge on cross-national and cross-cultural dimensions of business that impact businesses and society.
• Cooperate with individual firms in assisting them in their internationalization strategies.
• Create a national community of research in international business and strategy with leading edge capabilities.
The full realization of its mission is supported in intensive international connections and the integration in international networks of scholars and research centers. The globADVANTAGE is an independent and research oriented non-profit organization based on collaborative relationships with a network of experts in academia, governmental offices and the private sector, both in Portugal and abroad.